Monday, October 15, 2007

Top Dog and Rod Stewart?

icon
iconThe guy hands me a gun and an id badge that said Detective Mundy. I was a cop on the set of "Top Dog" starring Chuck Norris. The gun was a prop of course and the guy who handed it to me looked just like - I kid you not - Rod Stewart. The hair, the accent, and even the outfit he was wearing screamed "Hey look at me I'm Rod Stewart!". Anyone who worked on this movie can back me up. It was uncanny.

Getting on this film was interesting. Apparently the first batch of cops to be in the scene were actors/models who were 6 foot plus. This made our leading man look small. Can't have that. So, enter the small guys. I usually miss out because of my small stature but this time I got in thanks to it. I will post later about landing the part of a jockey.

This movie was directed by Chuck Norriss' brother Aaron Norris and both of these guys were really laid back and mellow. I remember we were all sitting together between scenes and Chuck gets up to talk to the motorcycle cop that was helping with security. He apparently likes bikes and they start rambling on like they're best buds. I was a big karate fan in the 70's and thought Chuck Norris was cool especially when I found out he would train with Bruce Lee. Breaker,Breaker was a favorite movie of mine back then. I read he made a whopping $10,000 for that flick. I think he gets a little more these days. Another cool encounter was with a crew member who was involved with all the stunts in "Chips" starring Erik Estrada and Larry Wilcox. Boy, I'm starting to feel old. The crew member ended up driving my car with me in the passenger seat in a scene which gave me a "car bump." That's extra pay for letting them use your vehicle.

It was fun working on this film not to mention the looks on my kids' faces when we went to the drive in and there on the giant screen was their pappy.


"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"

No comments:

Download movies to your IPOD Click Here!