Thursday, October 25, 2007

My First Time with Pamela Anderson. Sort of.

My first time on a real set was in a TV movie starring Rob Estes and Pamela Anderson. It was the CBS Tuesday Night Movie "Come Die With Me: A Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer Mystery".Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet my fellow Canadian actress but It was still a fun experience. This was in the early 90's and I was working at Walmart unloading their trucks and stocking shelves on the graveyard shift. If I ever hear that Walmart cheer again, I'll shoot myself. I wanted to keep my days open for auditons but when I dozed off at the wheel one morning climbed an embankment and nearly took out a no stopping sign I decided it was time to quit.My wife was flipping burgers and the apartment we were in would eventually evict us because we couldn't get the rent in on time. Not the best of times but not the worst either. That would be when my 3 three year old ended up at Children's hospital for 2 months a paraplegic. That's going to be a tough post but I'll get to it someday. Ok, back to my first time. Casting director Sam Warren calls me and asks if I want to play the part of a waiter at the Del Mar Race Track for a TV movie. Sure I said and showed up promptly to stand in line with a bunch of other guys wearing black pants and white shirts. A short time later Sam is looking at his clip board checking everybody in and starts looking a little puzzled. You see, he forgot to hire someone to play a jockey. Since I was the shortest there, they rushed me in the wardrobe trailer and started putting a makeshift costume together. Red satiny vest, long black boots and a helmet with a pointy thing on top. A little embarrassing but hey its show business. The highlight of this day was when the director approached me and started giving me directions like I knew what he was talking about. Hit my mark. What mark? Oh, an X on the ground. Right. After the car smashes through the barrier I run after it. Ok, got it. I ended getting my first Taft Hartley on this movie. The other 2 came pretty quickly too. When ever I watch my performance on the vhs I have I get a little depressed. You see in the background they caught my sweet tricked out 1967 Chevy Camaro that I had to sell when times got bad. Oh well, gotta grow up some time.

No comments:

Download movies to your IPOD Click Here!