Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Day The Rabbit Died

I woke up this morning in the usual way. I counted my blessings and looked back on all my positive accomplishments. My oldest son is starting his second year at Humboldt University. Wow! a kid in college. No way. Number two is now a senior at Santana High and my daughter will be 12 this month. Where does the time go. Even though it was a quiet morning and I felt calm there was something different about this day. My feelings were warranted when my wife came out of the bathroom with this look on her face that I know I've seen before. Maybe a dozen or so years ago. She leaned over to my ear and said,"I love you". And then she presented "the thing". You know the thing with the lines on it. Oh yeah. We were having an addition to the cast. Another mouth to feed. A bundle of joy. Wait a minute, we're in our 40's!. Holy cow! our families are going to like this one. Needless to say we are both ecstatic and excited. Time to look up names.

No comments:

Download movies to your IPOD Click Here!